Monday, July 12, 2010

A Sunshine Award!


Oh how exciting!!!! Honey over at Mondorfment gave me a "Sunshine Award" :D

I discovered on Honey's blog that this award is to honor bloggers "whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blog world". I'm humbled and honored to be patted on the back this way :D

And to Honey - I thank you for your kind and warming words (blush) - and today, I photographed a very easy needle-felting craft for the summer to share in your honor!

I too find it difficult to pick only 12 great blogs that inspire me. But, I do have some favorites both new and old. So to accept the award you must...
1. Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
2. Pass the award onto 12 bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within your post.
4. Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
and finally...
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.

Here goes (in random order):

1) The gorgeous and inspiring mother of 4 beautiful boys, Kelly from Free Flowing Ways. She and her children are so connected to nature. I just admire her parenting and gentle teaching so very much.

2) Another momma of twins (and I guess you could say, "Irish triplets"), Catherine from Catherine et les fees who embodies adventure, joy and is another nature lover. Catherine and I have bonded over waldorf the past 6 months and I feel very connected to her on her wonderful journey!

3) Angela from A Homeschool Story is another amazing mother (of 5) who is as colorful as you can only imagine! She is a linguist, an artist, a thespian, and a fabulous writer. I have loved following her journey in France with her beautiful children and loving husband. She does a wonderful job mixing in unschooling with waldorf and makes it all look so easy :D She's one amazing lady!

4) I know I've given this momma awards before, but I just have to give her another one because her waldorf blog is my very favorite for educational inspiration. This woman should be a paid consultant - lol! Or at least get a book deal out of her blog :D It's Jenn from Our Little Nature Nest. She just wrapped up homeschooling her Grade 3 daughter in waldorf inspired education and is preparing for Grade 4 - I can't wait for fall!

5) And then there's the lovely Sara from Schooling from the Heart who also inspires to the nth degree! She does a wonderful job chronicling her waldorf journey and I find myself tapping into her blog when I need that extra boost.

6) Lisa from Celebrating the Rhythm of Life is another awesome momma who started a Steiner yahoo group focusing on reading Steiner's lectures. Lisa is also tied into Lynn Jericho and really grasps the deeper meanings behind Waldorf education.

7) For those who haven't heard of Carrie's blog, The Parenting Passageway, boy are you in for a treat! Carrie is an AP, waldorf inspired homeschooler who does an amazing job reminding her readers what is really important in our lives as parents and teachers. Another one who should have her own book (or several) published. Carrie's genuine heart shines through brilliantly like a light in the dark and helps her readers find their way home again :D

8) My dear friend, Jennifer Tan, from Syrendell - who already received this award is getting it AGAIN! Jennifer has one of the biggest hearts I've met. She is the epitome of selflessness - sharing so much of herself and her talents with others. She has a heart of gold and is an amazing mother and artist, to boot! She has a fabulous etsy shop and travels to give handwork presentations that are worth their weight in gold (I can say that from first hand knowledge...)

9) I also really enjoy Emily's blog - from Golden Sun Family. She is an amazing photographer and has lovely crafts, inspirational moments shared with her family and their waldorf experiences.

10) I'm sure most of you have heard of Childhood Magic...it's been amazing to watch this homeschooled, waldorf inspired momma jump into the blogging world to become an instant blogging celebrity! In just 7 months, she's got 950 followers as of this writing! I can't wait to see what happens when she hits 1000! Do I sense a giveaway - hint...hint...;P

Anyway, she has some amazing ideas and throws herself into crafting and creating, documenting with amazing photos and fantastic tutorials!

11) I would also love to mention a blog I am newer to by Nocton4 - lots of wonderful knitting patterns and creativity in this refreshing and inspirational blog!

12) And last, but certainly not least, is another friend of mine, Linda from Natural Suburbia. Yes I think I've given her an award in the past, but Linda just shines with creativity, generosity, and heart. She is an amazing knitter and her knitted animals have been treasured in our home, esp Lily and Sadie - the rabbits. She has a lovely etsy shop and is also in the process of writing her first book for publication (all about knitting patterns!) - I just can't wait for it to come out, even though I'm very much a novice knitter!

Well that's 12 and I really do have so many more to list! Very hard to narrow it down, but all of these selections are blogs that inspire me personally.

And a big thank you again to Honey! In her honor, I'll post an easy needle felted tutorial tomorrow (or Wed)!

Enjoy and lots of hugs to you all!
Jen

8 comments:

  1. Dear Jen
    Thank you so much my friend, you are wonderful and so kind. Thank you for the honour!
    Love
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jen!! I love your blog too! I can't wait to make some of your silhouette transparencies. I made something similar last year for Christmas, but not quite as amazing as yours. So pretty, just counting down the months until the holidays!
    Thanks so much again,
    xoxoxo
    Ariella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, so much! You are deserving of this award. Your blog continues to be an inspiration to other homeschoolers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the award, Jen! I sure will pass it on as soon as I have time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dear Jen!
    You are certainly brimming with positivity and creativity and your blog is a great inspiration to others. You have shared so much of your imaginative, enchanting journey this year. I admire your focus and dedication to your girls' learning and as for your beautiful needlefelted creations - wow!!. Thank you, dear, warm mama.
    Best wishes
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you dear Jen, you are very kind and generous to include my blog. ( I 'd better get writing to live up to it!) I will pass it on. Your blog is a great source of inspiration for me, it is beautiful and true and good. Blessings on you and all the bloggers! Warmly, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thanks so much! I'm very honored and humbled to be included in your list-- and what a fantastic list! I haven't heard of many of these blogs yet, so thanks for sharing them! You are an inspiration to us all, Jen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Jen! I really appreciate your sweet recognition. I love my blogger's community, and feel so grateful to have this way of connecting to one another. Many thanks & summertime blessings!xo

    emily

    ReplyDelete