Monday, December 21, 2009

Advent Week 4 & Winter Solstice

Advent Week 4: The Human Kingdom
The fourth light of Advent,
it is the light of man.
The light of Love, the light of thought,
To give and to understand.

We added our beautiful Mother Theresa from the World Leaders Series made by the artists at Syrendell to our Advent wreath to represent a wonderful soul whom we aspire to be more like. This fourth week of Advent, we honor our mothers: Mother Mary, Mother Theresa, our own Mothers and Grandmothers, ourselves...

Winter Solstice begins tonight.

The gift of light I thankfully hold

And pass to my neighbor its shining gold

That everyone may feel its glow,

Receiving and giving may love and grow.

~Anon.

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful Jen! I really, really love your donkey, Mary and Joseph. What a fantastic idea to honour mothers. Very inspiring. I hope you are all really enjoying these last few days leading up to Christmas. I would love to get together with you for a warm drink and a lovely chat. I just know I would have lots to talk about with you! Although miles and miles away across the seas it is always lovely to read your words and see your inspiring ideas. Best wishes
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, you're such a doll and you just made my week with those lovely comments...Big hugs (through the miles). If I ever get to the UK (and you haven't moved to South Africa, is it?), I'll have to email you for that mamma date - tea, goodies, and a lovely chat :D Have a wonderful holiday, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete