Sunday, December 5, 2010

2nd Week of Advent


This 2nd week of Advent, we add from the plant kingdom. I wanted to share a picture of one of our Advent spirals that we are doing this year. I removed Mary so it could be seen fully. We have our creche (eco twig house) which was hand made by the artists of Syrendell. They also hand dyed the beautiful blue silk.

Week 1 is the minerals so we placed special gems in our special seasonal table spots. Now we added moss, pine cones, and sprigs from one of our trees. I had cut out 24 small stars to light Mary's way along the path and the eve of the 24th, she will be placed on the large star in the creche to await the birth of the Christ child.

Tucked in another nook of our house, we are doing the angel from last year that descends the heavenly stars each day and on the final day, the star candle will be lit in honor of the birth. That post (with much better pictures as my nice camera went missing on me) can be found here, along with a brief tutorial of how we constructed our star ladder and the tissue paper angel.



The girls and I also have our traditional Advent wreath that we made and we light the candles each night. I will post a quick tutorial on that Mon or Tues.

Again, I apologize that I am so late in sharing things. We have had so much going on this year that it is difficult to keep up with the blogging.

Happy 2nd week of Advent to all!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tradition it is! I love the angel descending from heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy second week to you too! My camera was broken by our youngest so I am also struggling with posting as I'm having to navigate a new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful table, Jen. I love the idea of having a spiral on the nature table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jen, how wonderful that you have been busy with so many orders. I didn't even know you had an etsy shop so look forward to exploring it this evening.

    We to celebrate St. Nick and the boys early await those little chocies in their boots.

    Your advent spiral and little ladder are so adorable, you have brought much seasonal magic to your home.

    I think of you always when another little stray dog wonders to our home,, our 4th one now Jen, they seem to know where the love is.

    Many blessings to you and your family during these holidays.
    Jeanene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the wonderful comments!

    Jeanene - bless your heart for taking in the strays! I'm sure you post fliers/ads and check for microchips (your vet can scan) just in case an owner is desperately looking for their lost little one. That's awesome you now have 4 puppers, though :) We're fostering a little senior now, so we have four living here, as well. I can't imagine letting him go, if someone wants to adopt him, though - lol! He's old and seems to be passed by so he might be with us for the rest of his life :)

    Have a great holiday season and I'd love to see a picture if you get a chance :)

    Hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete