Thursday, December 9, 2010

Advent Spirals


Joseph was my very first needle felting attempt of a person. His hands are thick and chunky, but I love the simplicity about this pair. On our Advent table, we have Mary on her donkey, being led by Joseph as they make their way around the Advent spiral...and when they land on the final star, they will be placed in the stable where the manger awaits the babe...


This is our scene and I have a cotton cloth underneath my silk. The stars are cut from wool felt and branches from our trees form the spiral. However...we've already had one bump from one of the girls chasing a dog around the house that resulted in the silk sliding and the stars falling all over the place. It was a mess...


So next year, I am going to try this WONDERFUL tutorial from a blog I really enjoy called, "In These Hills". Please check out this Vermont mama's Advent Spiral tutorial found here.

No more stars flying all over the place - they will stay put and look lovely, to boot! :D

11 comments:

  1. That's so sweet of you! Last year Nelson made me a spiral out of wood that we're using. I need to find a good time to photograph it. Time is an issue this year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cool! I can't wait to see it :) And I totally hear you - this year has been crazy busy...glad I'm not the only one struggling to keep up - lol! Happy holidays, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pinecone "trees". What a beautiful spiral. Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First try or not he is lovely. I like your spiral too. I always think of spirals as something big but you bring a whole new idea to it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is amazing, I just found your blog and I'm so happy I did! I'm SO inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jen!! SO SO SO beautiful- you are a true Waldorf Goddess!! I hope you are doing well- I wish you and your family a beautiful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Jen! You always inspire me with ideas.. so busy this time of year, so it is nice get inspiration all in one place! ;)

    Blessings,

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is truly beautiful. We will be doing something like this next year as well.

    ReplyDelete