Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!


Easter Day

Christ the Lord is risen today!
Angels rolled the stone away
From the tomb wherein He lay!

Little children, come and sing,
"Glory, glory to the King,
Christ the Lord of everything!"

~by Evaleen Stein



This past week (since Tuesday), my poor Charley has been quite ill - sore throat, fever, vomiting, exhaustion, tears over not feeling well...to conjunctivitis...


We've been treating her homeopathically and her eyes look so much better this morning. This picture was of her last night...she had so much yellowish/greenish goop in her eyes and they both got really red by the end of the night...


The illness threw a bit of a wrench in my Easter plans, but we still managed to participate in our main traditions...


We boiled lots of eggs to dye...


We made our Easter Egg Ring Bread - I love the endless circle of this bread for Easter as it represents the eternity of life. I found it in All Year Round, but you can basically take any basic dough recipe and then braid it and bake it with stones wrapped in foil which will make holes in the dough.


And then you can place your dyed eggs in the holes...


We made some hot crossed buns to have for breakfast Easter morning.


And we dyed eggs. We used this tutorial and they came out beautifully!


I made my annual Pascal Lamb Cake, a Polish tradition handed down through the generations on my mother's side. Here is a picture of last year's cake - this year's cake didn't hold together well and the head fell off to the point where I couldn't secure it back on (drat!), but we ate it anyway :D


And here is what the Easter Bunny left for the girls...(bunnies, chickens, chicks in eggs...)


The tomb was open and our angel hovered above (one of the first things I needle felted - very primitive, but I love it because of that!)


Two baby lambs tucked inside a wet felted egg...(don't Charley's eyes look so much better now...)


Discovering the goodies...


Our Syrendell Sprites were holding painted eggs!


Our Lenten Garden was overflowing with life! Needle-felted eggs hanging from the branches, butterflies, bunnies...


Needle felted twin chickies in a single basket (one of my favorite representations as a momma of twins) :D


Another view of the dish garden...


And what has now become my most treasured Easter possession...a vintage bunny that my mom sent to me last year from my dear Granny's home. My Gran passed just before Thanksgiving and it's amazing how the things that were hers have taken on an unexplainable priceless value to me. I am going to have a post on some of her vintage treasures that I have down the line...


And an egg tree that I made for my shop...(shop announcement and a fun giveaway will be happening this week to celebrate)!


Well, I hope you all had a marvelous holiday weekend and are ready to hit Spring head on now! Happy, Happy Easter!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,
    Shame, I hope poor Charley is all better now. What a time she has had. Happy Easter to you and your family. Lots of creative, beautiful activities as always, dear Mama.
    Best wishes
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, Forgot to add, congratulations on your shop! So beautiful and creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow gorgeous header and such lucky children, days look rich and full...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are all so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter Jen and family! I am so glad that Charley is finally feeling better!

    ReplyDelete