Monday, April 26, 2010

Fun in the Bu


We spent this past weekend at my dad's. He lives close to Malibu so we like to go when we spend weekends at his home. The girls had fun jumping in the waves and looking for wildlife.

Here the girls are at El Matador Beach...and some inspiring wildlife and views...


And my dad and I enjoyed a long beach walk in The Colony the next day. His hobby is beach walking and he makes a wonderful guide as he studies the history and tales of various Southern California hot spots. The history of Malibu is really fascinating.

Interestingly enough, even though these homes belong to various celebrities and cost millions and millions of dollars, they are still one right next to the other. Beach front is prime.

I ended up taking mostly pictures of the ocean and animals. It never ceases to take my breath away and I love the clean ocean air.

Got my fill of Vitamin D this weekend :D

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh!! Pure bliss! What beautiful nature and photos, I love Malibu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend! I love the photos!! I wish I lived closer to the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, so beautiful!! i am craving the ocean right now. i love that cave!! i don't think my daughter would come out of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are an hour from the sea, which a lot of driving in New Zealand, love the photos cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! And odd to see you at the other end of the country and me, here also listening to the other ocean...Wouldn't the 4 girls have a blast together?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, what gorgeous places exist outside of Iowa! Thank you for sharing your photos. I have yet to make it to the West Coast of the US, though here I am, 45 minutes from the west coast of France and no car. I am going to look up the bus schedule right now! You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete